Monday, January 25, 2010

Response to class 1

The most interesting part of the egg responses was how different each one was. Some people just stuck with the basics and did something simple, but some people really did something unique. I liked the eggshell mosaic the best- it was cool to see somebody take a totally different approach and be artistic. I think it's harder for New Media students to physically make art since we are so caught up in the virtual world. I feel that sometimes, I get so burned out editing video all the time, and it's refreshing to just pull out a sheet of blank paper and start painting or drawing on it. Working with tangible materials kind of brings me back to reality, and reminds me that there are good things in the physical world as well as the world inside my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment