Monday, February 8, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Crop Circles, Oh My!

The first thing that comes to my mind when i hear "crop circles" is ALIENS! And perhaps watching the movie Signs is what got that idea stuck in my head...

Well, crop circles dont really matter since we have to crops to speak of right now... all we have on the ground at the present moment is snow. So i have some "snow circles" for your amusement. Oh, and they do come with their own little alien of sorts (one of the cute and fluffy variety).

The snow circles appeared after the big snowfall last weekend. Saturday morning the snow was pure and untouched. It was glittering and beautiful. Then Sunday morning the shapes appeared in the snow! What could have made them, I wonder?



Clearly it was some kind of alien that was rooting for the Colts in the Superbowl game last night... (the alien probably isn't too happy they lost).

Then it came out of nowhere, running towards me!



I couldn't get a good look at it at first, but I could tell it was very fluffy, perfectly equipped for the cold weather. I couldn't help but get a closer look, so my brother helped me capture the creature.



We finally trapped it and examined it.



The mysterious creature turned out to merely be my dog, a Pomeranian named Harry who loves playing in the snow. So we compared his paw prints to those that made the "snow circles"...



...and the prints were a match. It was little Harry who had made all those "snow circles." The mystery was solved, and the solution was not nearly as exciting as the mystery itself.

Though I will probably always wonder how he managed to make a Colts horseshoe in the snow...



---------------------------------------------------------------------

Special thanks to my brother, Nick, and my three dogs for helping me make the "snow circles" and to Harry for being a good dog and doing tricks for me while I took pictures of him :3

No comments:

Post a Comment